Friday, January 6, 2012

If a Tree Falls in the Forest

The new year rings of opportunities! Opportunities to prioritize, organize, goal set, budget, list, and fill up that crisp 2012 family calendar that is the single most important means of communication between my husband and I. While I multitask for sport, my husband is much more....um, methodical. If it isn't written down, it doesn't exist in his world. Kind of like the tree falling in the forest thing, only it involves the dentist and girl scouts.

And like many things in my mind, if one is good, more is better. In addition to the main refrigerator calendar, I also have a calendar on my desk at work, a pocket calendar I carry around, and an electronic calendar on my computer. Let's face it, there isn't enough room in that little 2"x2" square to list everything for a given day. I NEED 4 calendars. Either that or I need less to do, which is #12 on my list of New Year's resolutions. Given that most people give up on their ONE New Year's resolution by the end of January, I figured I'd better buy my 4 calendars before the stores clearance them out.

This year my 6 and 9 year old children asked for calendars for their rooms. I'm not really sure if this is my obsessive compulsive time management rubbing off on them, or if they fear that their father's genetics predispose them toward forgetfulness. I'm hoping that it's just that they really wanted to decorate their rooms with Angry Birds.



No comments:

Post a Comment